19 June 2012, CC Weymouth Club 10 P451
Steve Pink writes...........
It appears that at least some of us were not completely engrossed by the football l on Tuesday night but still only a rather small field turned up for the club 10 on a warm an sunny June evening. Those who stayed at home (or down the pub) missed out on some lovely conditions, although not quite perfect, and those that did turn up were enjoying chasing course bests in the sun. A few of us however also seemed to have left our legs behind at the Poole Wheelers Open on Sunday and I can vouch for one that it was hard work getting up and running at the start.
Poole Wheelers Gary Dighton made the short trip west to take another win in 21:41, our own Greg Parker continued his fine form with another course best of 22:10 taking maximum club points and Steve Pink (that’s me) snuck in with 23:54 (also a course best) for my first podium of the season.
We also welcomed Jon Dorey from Guernsey who is over supporting his son in the GHS10 on the P459 tonight, good luck to all the juniors!
Next Tuesday we are back on the 18 Hilly starting at Charminster. This is a super tough but incredibly rewarding course, the 8 mile downhill finishing run really gets the adrenaline flowing! So if you fancy a different kind of TT then look no further!
1. Gary Dighton Poole Wheelers 0:21:41
2. Greg Parker CC Weymouth 0:22:10 CB
3. Steven Pink CC Weymouth 0:23:54 CB
4. Bryce Riglar CC Weymouth 0:23:58
5. David Butt CC Weymouth 0:24:16 CB
6. Jon Dorey Guernsey VC 0:24:33
7. Julian Thacker VC St Raphael 0:24:47
8. Stuart Carrington CC Weymouth 0:26:34
9. Paul Stockwell CC Weymouth 0:28:04 CB